If you are trying to determine if investing in video marketing is worth the effort, we would encourage you to look at the myriad of studies, surveys, and resulting statistics that should have you picking up your smartphone, camcorder and honing your video editing skills.
WordStream has rounded up 37 video marketing stats including:
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
Need more data? Optinmonster aggregated stats from a number of studies with some of the more intriguing being:
- Video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness.
- 60% of both B2B and B2C marketers use video for marketing.
- Almost 50% of web users look for a video before visiting a store, says Google.
If you’re looking to drive your marketing efforts further, add in video! With PublishThis, you can search for relevant videos to support your content efforts. Add curated videos, embed, and publish. Try the PublishThis bookmarklet to grab articles and videos quickly while you are browsing for even faster content creation and publishing.