In the age of social media, it’s easy to forget the basics, namely email. Email marketing may seem basic, but done well, it can be one of the most cost-effective tools in your marketing arsenal. Knowing the number and trends can help you refine your email newsletter strategy.
- 91% of U.S. consumers use email on a daily basis (McKinsey)
- 80% of users delete emails not optimized for mobile (BlueHornet)
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter (McKinsey)
- 14.31% higher open rate on segmented list campaigns than non-segmented campaigns (MailChimp)
- Email has a median ROI of 122%, more than 4 times greater than other formats including social, direct, and paid search (DMA and Demand Metric)
- Personalized subject lines increase open rates by 29.3% (MarketingSherpa)
- 47% of email recipients open email based on the subject line (Invesp)
- 69% of email recipients report email as spam based solely on the subject line (Invesp)
Email newsletters are an effective way to increase readers, engagement, loyalty, and revenue. Finding the right software and workflows to streamline these efforts is equally as important. PublishThis provides a streamlined method for producing newsletters, saving time and money in production costs. Ask us how we can help!