Marketers know that the pressure to deliver the right message to the right audiences at the right time can mean there are times when we fail to keep all the important goals, KPIs, and customer needs top of mind when you’re drawing up the editorial calendar and finding ways to fill it with useful, engaging material for all channels.
So, how do you ensure you remain on point for all of your digital marketing efforts?
As this article by Jeff Quipp details, there is a long list of digital marketing mistakes just waiting for us to make them. The funniest thing is that when you read the list, they seem so obvious but if we’re not focused when writing, it’s easy to let our purpose and rules slip away. Jeff’s list should sound familiar:
- Clear Goals – Every editor can get carried away with words but if you don’t start with a goal, keep it in mind, and finish knowing you accomplished it,
- Relevant Content – Kind of a no-brainer but there’s more to it than you might think.
- Multichannel – Consider the possibilities and place a variety of bets.
- Testing, Testing, Testing – Without it, how can you learn what truly works and improve?
- Landing Pages – Simple and effective.
Are you guilty of making any of these 5 common digital marketing mistakes? Read on to get Jeff’s quick tips on how to stay on target and succeed.
Many businesses employ digital marketing strategies to attract new online visitors, leads and customers. Depending on the objectives and budget of the business, your company can leverage a large number of strategies such as pay-per-click (PPC), search engine optimization (SEO), social media, content or email marketing solutions.
Ready to learn more about how PublishThis can help you build better content more often for all of your digital channels? Schedule a demo today