Every article or post you write needs a headline. The headline sets the tone and is your first chance at gaining a click and engagement with the reader. No matter how great your article is, a bland title may mean your work is never read.
Here are eight tips to help write a headline worthy of a click:
- Use numbers: People love numbers!
- Show value: How will your reader benefit? Tell them!
- Use strong verbs: Engage the senses and visualize for the reader with strong verbs
- Mention the reader: Use “you” and “your” to apply the article personally
- Pose a question: Generate interest by teasing the reader to click for the answer
- Test headlines with tools: Try tools like Headline Analyzer to test
- Draft multiple headlines: try variations as you are writing the article
- Be accurate: the headline needs to reflect the content within; no one likes a bait and switch