PublishThis is happy to announce our latest release, built specifically from your feedback. Thanks for providing your insight into how we can continue to develop PublishThis to meet your goals. With a wide-ranging client base from FoxSports to Gorilla Glue, Sage Software, and COX Media, we are always excited to hear more details about how our customers are using PublishThis to achieve success, but there is always room for improvement so let’s get to our master list of enhancements:
Curating video and embeddable content in PublishThis just got a whole lot better. Collected content from sources like Youtube, Vimeo or Slideshare now include their embed codes. You can even build a fully automated stream of content embeds! We will be expanding our sources of embed options as much as we can, but for now the big hitters are in there like Youtube, Vimeo, Slideshare, FOX News, ESPN, Fox Business, CBS News, Facebook, LinkedIn, ABC News and CNN.
Example of an Embed
To make your life easier, we’ve made it possible to get embeds of articles you produce, which alleviates you having to make any endpoint publishing connection. This is especially helpful if you have no staff or designers. When you publish content items like our Digest Post or our Individual Posts, you can take an Embed of that Post and insert it into your CMS or any microsite. We handle the publishing and design for you.
Example of an Digest Post Embed
HTML, Just For You
Getting the HTML of your content mix is easier than ever before. Our external tools for building HTML are now available directly in the Content Manager. This is helpful for going directly into your newsletter programs, or for any developer who wishes to build a publishing plugin with our API.
Embeds and HTML – The Developer Version
Our API has been enhanced to render the HTML and Embeds for every Mix you create, simplifying use of it with your internal systems. This allows you to skip having to render any of the HTML yourself with all of the automated or curated content, and instead use our endpoints to render it for you. This will drastically reduce any time needed for building a plugin.
Full Content: Tap into Your Own Branded Work
Full Content was one of our most common requests and we’re thrilled to provide this capability in PublishThis. Unlock the value of content stored within your archives and reuse it for other purposes with our Full Content tools. This back-end feature will allow you to pull Full Content feeds (not just titles, summaries, and feature images) into PublishThis. Use our tagging and search tools to surface great content you have already created. You can maintain complete control over what is available and how the content is used. Want to learn more? Contact your Account Manager for details on setup.
A few others…
That was the list of major innovations but here are a few more exciting updates:
- More Content Type Filtering: Filter by more options, including embeds, Full Content, etc.
- Static Image URLs: If you prefer to use your own image URLs, you can select them while curating so that images do not come from PublishThis image servers.
- Change of Author: You can now change the author of a Mix more easily.
- Source Search is Easier: Anything you type into the single field for Source Search will now return available feeds, rather than just limiting it to a URL or term in different boxes.
- Publishing Options: Publishing to multiple destinations is quicker. Now, you can have multiple buttons/options available on the Publish step, including RSS, HTML, Embeds and other options. These are turned on in the Mix Templates, but talk with your Account Manager and they can help you see where this fits into your workflow.
Ready to learn more about how PublishThis can help you deliver better content more often across all digital destinations? Request your free demo here.